Overclocking CPU PC
This page will contain my ongoing notes, links and links to articles about overclocking PCs which people are doing to make the oculus rift virtual reality headset work. The notes will be incomplete as I move through figuring out how to overclock. So, check back and see if there are updates.
Summing up this article: http://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-overclock-your-cpu-1306573
- Not all processors are capable of overclocking.
- K/X series in intel is capable of overclocking.
- All AMD Chips are capable of overclocking. (According to techradar.com)
- Download Free Program Prime 95 here http://www.mersenne.org/download/
- Download Real Temp to measure the CPU temperature Here https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
- In Prime95 choose just stress testing.
- Selecdt the Blend Test
ENTERING YOUR BIOS
9. Restart your computer
10. Press whatever key will get you into the BIOS. It could be the Delete Key, F11, F12, F10, F1 or F2 (you might have to restarts again after watching the screen on restart and viewing which key to press.)
11. There should be an over clocking or OC tab in the BIOS.
For more, read the article above.